TASTE! Talida, a Newcastle-based food blogger, shares her spin on a classic breakfast dish.
- 3 c. quinoa flour
- 1-2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4.5 c. almond milk
- Coconut oil spray or oil/ vegan butter of choice for frying
- 1 1/2 tbs. maple syrup
- Process your flax seeds in a high-speed blender, if they are not already ground.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined and a crepe batter forms.
- Heat some coconut oil in a crepe pan/pan on medium heat. Make sure the pan is hot enough before you start frying your crepes.
- Using a ladle, add some of the batter onto your pan and spread it around in a circular motion until the batter covers the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook for a few minutes until the edges are golden and can lift up easily. Flip to the other side and cook for a few minutes.
- Repeat until you have used up all the batter.
- Serve with fresh berries, healthy nutella, or any toppings that you like.
A big THANKS to Talida from hazelandcacao.com.au for this recipe.