Tasty Tofu Meatballs
Editor’s note: This month we are sharing these filling Tasty Tofu Meatballs! Try it at home!
Serves: 16 meatballs Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus extra for shaping)
- 250g brown mushrooms, sliced
- 250g firm tofu (squeeze to make sure all water is drained, and roughly crumble into chunks)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g silken tofu
- 2 tbsp tahini (heaped)
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 30g panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 5 spring onions (thinly sliced (about 75g) plus extra to serve
- Coriander to taste (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Heat the oil in a large saute pan on high heat, then add the mushrooms and firm tofu and cook until lightly golden, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic for 30 seconds, then remove from the heat.
- Place in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Transfer to a large mixing bowl with all the remaining ingredients including salt to taste (about 3/4 tsp), and a good grind of black pepper. Mix very well to combine.
- With oiled hands, form into small meatballs (about 35g each).
- Place them on a parchment-lined baking tray, spaced apart, and back for 25 minutes until lightly golden.
- Serve with sauce of your choice and pasta or rice.