No Bake Raw Cherry Ripe Bars
Editor’s note: This month we are sharing Hazel & Cacao’s No-Bake Raw Cherry Ripe Bars! This delicious recipe is raw, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free!
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of frozen cherries
- ⅓ cup of frozen raspberries or strawberries
- ½ cup melted cacao butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup or coconut syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor, blitz together the coconut oil, honey & desiccated coconut.
- Pulse through the vanilla extract, shredded coconut, frozen cherries & raspberries, leaving small chunks of coconut and berries for texture.
- Tip into a 20cm metal baking tray lined with baking paper and use the back of a wooden spoon to level the mixture, then place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Place the cacao butter or coconut oil in a thick-based saucepan over low heat and allow to melt while gently stirring.
- Stir cacao powder, syrup, and vanilla extract through melted butter/oil. Stand aside to cool down and slightly thicken.
- Pull the cherry block from the freezer and cut into small rectangles or squares.
- Using something flat like a butter knife or small flat spatula, dip the cherry blocks into the chocolate sauce and then place onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place your cherry ripes in the fridge or freezer to set and enjoy at your convenience!
Thank you Hazel & Cacao for sharing this delicious recipe!