Crazy Brownies bake up rich and chocolaty and taste just like the best fudgy brownies you have ever had.
- 1/2 cup kidney beans
- 1/2 cup dates pitted
- 1/3 cup red potatoes yellow or red potato (see note) peeled, precooked, and cooled
- 2 tablespoons tahini or nut butter, see note and nut-free option
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter see note
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips nondairy, mini are nice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8″ × 8″ brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Using a small or mini food processor, puree the beans, dates, potato, tahini, and coconut butter until smooth, and then add the maple syrup and milk and puree again.
- Add the cocoa powder, sugar, arrowroot, vanilla bean powder, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt to the processor and puree until combined. (If your processor is too small, transfer the date mixture to a bowl, and use a spatula to incorporate the dry ingredients.) Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture to the brownie pan, and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 22–24 minutes (brownies will firm with cooling and are more fudgy with less baking, so don’t overbake). Remove, let cool completely, frost if desired, and cut into squares.