Editor’s note: SEEDS CEO and plant-based chef Camila Skaf shares a beautiful, light side dish for a sunny dinner party with friends. Serve warm with spicy black beans, tangy coleslaw and tamales for a fun, Southwestern-themed dinner.
Yield: Servies 4 cob halves Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 corn cobs, each cut in half
- Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Cook corn cobs in boiling water until soft.
- Place cooked corn cobs in a platter and keep warm.
- Make Smoked Cheddar Cheese and Toasted Bread Crumbs (see below).
- Using a fry pan or grill, char-grill the boiled corn cob halves.
- Roll the grilled corn cob halves in the smoked cheddar cheese and toasted bread crumbs.
- Place grilled cobs on a platter and serve warm.
Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- 1 c. raw cashews
- 1/4 c. yeast flakes
- De-seed, de-skinned roasted capsicum
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 c. water
- Process in blender until a smooth texture is reached
- Stir continuously over low heat to thicken – approx. 5 minutes.
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast bread crumbs in skillet with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.