Choc Passion Mousse Parfait
Editor’s note: This month we are sharing SEEDS Kitchen’s Choc Passion Mousse Parfait! This tangy treat is an easy new recipe to try this month!
Serves: 4 Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Small passion fruits or 2 large (about 1 cup fresh pulp or 1/2 cup from concentrate)
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut cream
- 150g Silken tofu
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 100g 70% Dark Chocolate bar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Raw cashews (soaked overnight in coconut water)
- Melt chocolate bar (microwave or over a low-heat oven at approx 70°C and be careful not to burn).
- Blend melted chocolate with the tofu and 1/2 cup of coconut cream. Add 1tsp vanilla and 1/4 cup of the maple syrup.
- Pour it in a canister or recipient of choice (you may make individual portions or a large one)
- In a high power blender, add soaked cashews, 1 cup coconut cream, and the passion fruit liquid. Sweeten it with the remaining maple syrup or sweetener of choice.
- Pour the mixture on top of the chocolate mousse.
- Garnish with some passion fruit and shredded chocolate. You may also use granola or other nut crumble as an additional layer and an extra nutrient boost!
- Leave it on the fridge for 4 hours (or freezer for faster results).
Pro tip: We find our 70% Dark Chocolate from Aldi. It’s vegan and organic!
Stay tuned for more simple recipes to try at home!