Brazilian ‘Pão de Queijo’ (Cheese balls)
TASTE! Pão de Queijo, Fluffy, gluten-free, sugar-free balls of “cheesy” goodness.
Time: 20 min.
- 1 tbs golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp sea salt, fine ground
- 1 c tapioca flour
- 1 tbs flaxseed meal
- 1/2 c potato starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c packed vegan mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 c plant-based milk
- 1/3 c walnut oil
- In a small bowl, mix together golden flaxseed
meal and 3 tbs filtered water. Set aside.
- In food processor or blender, place tapioca flour,
potato starch, salt and baking powder. Pulse a few
times to blend.
- Add vegan cheese and pulse a few more times
until broken into very small pieces. Stir flax egg
and add along with oil and milk to dry
ingredients. Blend until smooth (30 sec).
- Pour or spoon batter into a grated mini muffin tin
about 1/8th from the top. Bake at 400 degrees F
for 18-20 min. Should be firm on the outside but
puffy and very lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack for a couple
minutes and serve. These rolls will reheat nicely.
This recipe is selected from @nutritionicity